Indian Trademark Rules have been amended with a notification on 06 March 2017. Some important features of amended rules are:
- Fees increased and multiple slabs differentiating between individuals, small entity and large entity have been created (physcial filing made expensive) and Forms reduced drastically;
- Registry to communicate through emails;
- Expedite Processing of Applications possible;
- Well known trademark status to be conferred by the Registry;
- Sound marks are now accepted;
- No extension in filing evidences in Opposition proceedings; and
- Renewals payable within 1 year.
Disclaimer: Views / opinions expressed in present update are for explanatory purposes only and which cannot be quoted in any legal proceedings and will have no legal purpose. Further, same may vary from time to time and case to case. For any clarification and further information, you may contact us at email@example.com.